We can intentionally connect our bodies to the earth with one of the foundation energy mastery techniques in which we create a grounding cord. In this grounding exercise, often students experience energy moving subtly at first and more physically later.
Steps for Getting Grounded
1. Bring your attention to the base of your spine and find your first chakra. This is an energy center which helps us with grounding. It’s also known as the “root” chakra, because it’s purpose is to help us energetically root to planet earth. You may see that chakra as a ball of light.
If you can’t quite sense that chakra or see it, just postulate**(see below) that you find it there at the base of your spine.
2. See a line of energy extend from that first chakra and trace that line deep into the center of the earth.
Anchor that line of energy into the center of the planet firmly with your imagination. Now see this line become a tube, open it up so it can release energy out of your body into the earth to be neutralized.
You can use imagery to represent this energetic anchoring like the root system of a tree, a rope and anchor, a cord and plug, a huge magnet at the center of the earth, a waterfall, a lightbeam, a crystalline pipe, etc. Have fun with the imagery for your grounding cord! Bring bright colors into it too 🙂
3. Feel gravity pulling on the bottom of your grounding cord. Let yourself release energy that isn’t yours down the tube or grounding cord.
Release tension and stress, release other people’s energy, let go of your to-do list, let go of problems you are solving, let go of work, let go of family, let go of friends. Let it all go and come back to the present moment during this meditation.
Release all that has collected in your body and space over today and the last few days, the last few weeks. Whatever you release gets neutralized by going right into the center of the earth.
4. Postulate that your own, old, stuck energy is moving down your grounding cord. See it leaving as dark colors moving down the cord, or feel the energy moving too. Postulate that other people’s energy is moving out of you and down the cord, freeing your energetic space.
See visuals of specifics. You can throw certain situations, certain people, certain emotions down this tube visually and symbolically, to free yourself from those particular energies. No one gets hurt.
5. Sit for a while and practice grounding, as long as you need. Start with 10 minutes, move it up to 20 minutes in a few weeks.
6. When you are done: imagine a big ball of golden energy above your head containing your own best and brightest life force energy. Feel the heat from this sun, now release that golden energy into the top of your head (your crown chakra) and feel this waterfall of golden light energy begin to wash through you and fill you up head to toe, saturating into all the cells of your body.
Whenever you release energy (which you did through the grounding exercise) you need to fill up with your own best life force energy with the golden sun tool.
Learn Practical Meditation Techniques from a Pro
I have lots of energy mastery techniques (meditation techniques) to share with you to help you develop a successful daily meditation practice.
I started my school Energy Arts Academy in 2010 with the aim of sharing what was working so well for me. I have many students who have been with me for the past 6 years, and new students too, our community is thriving. Come join us!
To find out more about private one-on-one sessions, intuitive spiritual coaching, meditation classes, energy mastery classes, guided meditation telecalls, manifesting & creativity programs, leadership & teaching programs and reiki energy healing sessions get in touch with me through my contact page.
You can also call me at 858-519-8272. I would love to help you with your goals. I’m also pretty active on my Private Facebook Group Daily Meditation Challenge – click here to join. I’d be happy to accept you there.
p.s. Tip: It’s great to be grounded all day. Leave that grounding cord there and know it will work for you throughout your daily activities. And then it’s smart to change it out, recreating a whole new grounding cord in the present moment. I refresh my grounding cord in my daily meditations. If you are not meditating every day, refresh it at least once a day if not twice.
p.p.s. See also: Enjoy this Grounding Meditation Mp3 Led by Moi! [Audio]
**At first we use our imagination or the act of postulation when we begin to work with energy and intuition instead of intellect.
Postulate: verb – To take for granted without proof. (Roget’s Thesaurus)